01 February 2017

An Aspect on Ratio – Exponential Growth

Greetings Dear Reader,

I do not get angry often but when I do I am amazed at how quickly it wishes to control me.  The same is true for complaints.  If I complain once it easily becomes a series of complaints.  If I fail to steer my thoughts away from anger or discontent they quickly multiply into an attitude of whichever I indulge.

I used to be consumed by anger.  I used to not understand contentment.  I would indulge my need for immediate gratification at almost any cost.  I have abused time and resources to get what I want.

As I have tried to learn peace and contentment I have learned that the inverse can be true.  Peace and contentment can become a way of life.  The growth can be exponential.  It can become the very force that flows through us.  Love can become the way to live and die. 

It can take uprooting everything inside us to become this.  We must invest effort to move on from anger and selfishness to peace and generosity.  I can hone my craft and being kind and gentle if I choose to do so.  I can journey the path with exponential growth in the things that matter.

When I focus on this the social issues become obvious.  I do not need to choose between whose needs should be met.  They all should be equally addressed.  They are all my responsibility.  I cannot ignore the plight of anyone and follow Christ.  The path of love and contentment makes is easy to see this.  I must commit my life to exponential growth of these things.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment