27 February 2017

High Moral Ground ~ Moral Compass

Greetings Dear Reader,

When we choose what we see as proper or good it can be based on many things.  The values we hold are formed by our environment, education, examples, and experiences.  Our elders hand us a moral compass that points toward their true north.  We choose whether to follow it or create our own.

The one given by those who rear us may or may not align with directions that are socially acceptable.  They compass points may consider the needs of others or may be based on a faith or following of other traditions.  The compass points tell us when we are headed toward that which we value.

My moral compass must be based on my faith.  The one I was handed by my parents had too many erratic movements to be kept.  The one I chose was based on things leaned later and planted earlier by my Grandfather.  Following Christ demands that I have a moral compass. 

The compass demands that I have strict moral values and that I live by them.  It also forbids me from condemning others who do not follow it.  It requires that I live an example and not from a position of pride or arrogance.  I must never claim to have the moral high ground but must walk it in a spirit of humble grace. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment