26 February 2017

High Moral Ground ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I watch the verbal civil war raging in our nation I notice that all sides claim the high moral ground.  We all want to believe our values are the ones that are correct.  We have standards that we think are the “right” standards.

Some claim that there are no absolute right or wrong positions.  Others see a vast spectrum of gray where everyone can do as he or she pleases.  Some of these gray positions include that one should not harm others.

There is a difference between claiming the moral high ground and being on high moral ground.  I am pondering my standards; how they impact my life, which ones are preferences, and which ones are intricate to my faith.  

As I wonder through this thinking I search for the path that keeps me closest to Christ.  I search for the high moral ground without ever claiming the moral high ground.  The only way to do this is with humility and, therefore, it is impossible for me to claim much given my need for grace and mercy.

Please walk with for a bit as I try to match my values and standards with who Christ is over my preferences and predilections.   As always, your thoughts Dear Reader or cherished.  Your company helps move me down the road.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment