24 February 2017

Modern-Day Lepers ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Everyone is in need at times.  Some needs are greater than others.  Nothing people like me experience compares to the injustices that rage throughout the world.  Instead of being always driven by compassion for others we allow or even support the ills of the world.

We cannot call our lives good if we treat others with disdain.  We cannot be good e and relegate anyone to the gutter.  We cannot traffic in humans be humane.  We cannot reject those in need and think we are compassionate. 

It is my obligation to see the needs of everyone for justice and care as equal to my own.  There is no social need that is not my responsibility.  The idea of following Christ means that every human is my responsibility.  Every situation where humans are degraded, oppressed, or in need is a situation Christ followers must address.

I need to assess my heart and actions over all of these situations and assure that my responses are relative to his values.  It is what defines us.  It is what shows the world the my faith has any value.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment