21 February 2017

Modern-Day Lepers ~ Two Great Lies

Greetings Dear Reader,

Let me start by being very clear.   I do not hate anyone.  I believe that every human should be seen as deserving of compassion, kindness, and respect.  Every human should be seen for his or her gifts.  Everyone should be loved and valued.

Instead we are asked to believe two great lies.  The first is that if I disagree with your morals and values then I must hate you.  This is not true.  I admit that those who represent Christ poorly have evidenced this throughout the centuries and do so today.  If I claim to follow Christ then I am required to love you no matter what you think, believe, or do.  To hate anyone is forbidden me. 

The second great lie is that if I love you and have compassion for you then I agree with everything for which you stand.  That is not true.  First, no two people agree on everything.  Second, I do not have to agree with you to love you.  I can think that you are absolutely wrong in any position you hold and still love you.  I am required to separate my thinking on an issue from my love for my neighbor, brother, and enemy. 

Instead of living this difficult path many choose to treat people in communities like the LGBT one like lepers.  The systematic denial of things like healthcare as a social unit is wrong.  To deny someone common needs based on issues with his or her morality is completely opposed to how Christ tells us to treat others.  One cannot treat anyone as inferior based on morality and pretend to be following Christ.  It never works that way.

I will never agree with some things being right.  I cannot violate my own morals and values.  This also means that I cannot fail to love and care for anyone even if I feel that they are wrong in their lifestyle.  I must accept the human in whatever state he is and with humility and grace live a life that shows him love and respect.  To do less is to fail in my commission.  To do less is to reject the Christ I follow.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment