15 February 2017

Searching Social Stances – Positions versus People

Greetings Dear Reader,

Whenever we allow fear or hatred to make our choices we diminish as humans.  When we allow our political positions to be the regulators of care and compassion then we allow others to be neglected for the sake of ideas.

We define our compassion for others by an assessment of politics first.  The essence of compassion is that politics do not matter.  To love one’s enemy is not a political command.  It is social and spiritual.  We are not to do harm or allows harm to be done by inaction.

The political climate fills us with the hypocrisy of believing that neglecting the needs of the opposition is acceptable.  I do not know how to solve the problems that are involved in allowing immigrants from nations that hate us.   I do know that starving children should be fed at any cost.  People dying because we are worried about what may happen is bad thinking.

We get distracted by the political arguments whilst the needs of people go unmet.  We argue over ideas and rights at the cost of justice for the oppressed.  We make up new ways to feel offended whilst furthering the offense of hating others.  In the fervor to advance our own agenda we fail to love and care for those who are in dire need of our help.

As a Christ follower my politics must ride in the back of the bus when love, compassion, kindness, and mercy are on board.  It is not acceptable for others to suffer so that I can create my perfect political venue.  It is a failure to follow for me to choose my social rights over love and compassion for others.  I cannot force other to believe as I do through politics.  I can, however, live my faith honestly by showing love and compassion to the needs of everyone regardless of his or her beliefs and philosophies. 

If my God is not big enough to care for me whilst doing this then I need a bigger God.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment