31 March 2017

Loving What We Will Become ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We are all on a journey back to God.  I realize that you do not all agree and that is understandable.  It is not my place to judge your choice on this.  My obligation is to love you and try to be an example of what following Christ can be like.

I fail.  I fall.  I get up and keep walking.  Some of my fellow travelers do things to hurt the journey for others.  I cannot fix my errors in the past but I can become someone who makes the journey easier for others.

For too long many of those who claim to follow Christ have not allowed that God understands all that is happening.  They have judged and condemned those that they are supposed to love and care for.  Sometimes people I love become things that they should not.  I am not required to accept the current state.  I am required to love them. 

I have to move away from things that damage me.  I have to do what is right no matter how I feel about it.  Even when it hurts I must become more attuned to Christ and what he wants for me.  It is in this that I find that pondering what we will become gives me strength to move forward.

It is in following in the hard areas that I see more clearly what must be left behind and what must stay with me.  As the years unfold it is easier to see that I do not need as much as I desire.  Everything that I carry impacts the journey.  The question must always be, “Is this necessary for what I will become?”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


No comments:

Post a Comment