28 March 2017

Loving What We Will Become ~ Irrelevance

Greetings Dear Reader,

We live in a culture where things become obsolete or irrelevant quite rapidly.  An example would be our phones.   I have Nokia brick phone that is basically only good as a travel alarm clock and dialing 911 if needed.  When I purchased it, it was state of the art. 

16 K of RAM and dual floppy drives
Even the phones I have had for over the last five years fall quickly into obsolescence as new technology is introduced.  Just to give one a place to stand and compare there is this.  My current phone has 67,108,864 times more RAM than my first computer.  Except for it place in history that first PC is ire relevant.

The issue is that we are becoming a society that give lip service to the value of life but have begun to see some life as obsolete or irrelevant.  We allow homelessness to be a common thing.  We murder the unborn at a genocidal rate and even justify it as a viable choice.  We meter out health care to those who can afford it and get rich off of the needs of the dying.

We use epithets such as “times have changed” to justify the erosion of our morals and values.  The failures of others to live up to those morals and values is used as justification for calling them irrelevant.  I actually saw this posted by a friend: “Cannot Christians see that Christianity has become irrelevant?”  Yes, I called this person a friend.

Remember that my search in all of this is to find better ways to follow Christ and love the world as he does.  I must do whatever it takes to love those who see me as irrelevant.  I must not hold anything more precious than loving those who need it most.  We all need help in places where our understanding is blind.  We all need to be loved where we are so that we can become what we are meant to become. 

As I look at the world I see so much and burdens my heart.  It radiates out from my personal losses to people I will never meet who need to be loved.  No human life is irrelevant.  No one is beyond becoming the product of love and grace.  It is my place to live a life that treats no one as irrelevant.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment