22 March 2017

Loving What We Will Become ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things we master as a species is recognizing the flaws in each other.   It is so easy to point out what is wrong.  It is no small thing to only see what is wrong but that is not the common.  The common is to be sure to mitigate the good with the flaws we see.

In our congress between each other as we grow familiar we also see more clearly the flaws in each other.  We forget the good and noble traits that draw us together and instead we see only the darkness.  We do this with so many things as they age.  We see the cracks and worn spots but not the character.  We forget the things that are good and enamor us of each other.

I want to always see what people can become.  I want to view my fellow travelers as being in process.  If I see what they can become if loved and treated with respect then perhaps I can mitigate some pain in the world.  This line of thought is triggered by a line from a show that has little respect for man.  A woman is dying and in a rare moment of nobility one of the protagonist is told that as the disease progresses the woman will not be who she was.  Without hesitation the man says, “Then I will love what she becomes.” 

Perhaps the vital truth that I must explore, understand, and embrace is to see people as they will be.  I must find ways to look past the cracks and flaws to the richness of the journeying soul.  I hope you have time to chat about it with me as we journey together Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment