29 March 2017

Loving What We Will Become ~ Perfected Sons

Greetings Dear Reader,

One day I will be free from the sins that besiege me.   I will no longer desire to do the things I would not.  I will only desire to do the things that are good.   Some days I look forward to this more than any other thing.

We will become perfected.  I believe this is why we have that unattainable concept of perfection.  I do not always love what I will become.  There are things that are not right that I still indulge.  There are sins that are my pet sins for which I do not put forth enough resistance.

It is never enough to be good enough.  We need to perfect our redemption as much as possible until the time that it is perfected for us.  I want the transition to be simple and a next step rather than a great leap.  I wish for the transition to that undiscovered country to be an adventure but also a logical transition.

My Grandfather seemed to have a keen understanding of this.  He would explain the story of Enoch who “walked with God” like this:  Enoch and God used to walk together and talk in the cool part of the evening.  The walks were long and they discussed the world and its goings on.  One evening as the sun  was dipping behind the horizon God  looked at Enoch and said, “We are much closer to my place than yours.  Why don’t you just come on home with me?” 

What we will become should be what we are working toward.  It should be how I live every moment; as if I am preparing to enter a new culture and desire to fit into it easily.  My Grandfather always said something else about this.  It was not original to him but it was where I first heard it.  “Good, better, best; Never let it rest, until your good is better and your better is your best.”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment