23 March 2017

Loving What We Will Become ~ What Brought Us Here

Greetings Dear Reader,

When we fail to love what others become through the years we must examine ourselves. It is not that we must love things that are inherently wrong or allow abuses.  It is that in the people we love we see their good less and their faults more.

This error can be fought by considering what brought them to where they are.  Who is the person we began to love?  Where have they gone?  What of that person can we love and revive?  What brought them to this person they have become?  What part did I play in that becoming?

When I see only the faults I lack understanding.   We forget that we need not fully understand to be understanding.   I must seek to understand and love whilst seeking it.  We fail at the command to love first.  When I fail to love first I fail to the potential.  I fail to see the possible.

Beyond that I am required, no matter what to love what they become.  There is no caveat to that.  This applies not only to marriage but to parenting, it applies to friends, neighbors, and any that we interact with.  My responsibility is to be the one who loves no matter what the cost. 

What brought the person to who he or she is now?  How can I mitigate the pain?  How can extend my heart past the defenses?  What can I do so that the love of Christ crushes all barriers?  If I am unwilling to ask these questions and live out the answers then I declare that I am unwilling to love.  This is not allowed.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment