05 April 2017

I’d Rather be a Fool ~ Faith and Hope

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have often walked through my reasoning for having faith and hope.  I will not review that here.  The reasons for the faith and hope in me are reasons that I hold fast.  It is true, however, that others see my faith and hope as foolish. 

The beginning of this part of the journey centers on someone telling me the following Christ is an obsolete way to live.  The person actually laughed at me and communicated that he was surprised that I still believed.  He cited my intelligence as the reason that I should not hold such a foolish position.

I felt no anger at this person.  I felt great sadness.  This person used to have faith.  They used to have hope.  The hardness of life gave him cause to walk away from the very thing that sustains us through the hardness of life.  It is my faith and hope that sustains me through loss, loneliness, and longing. 

It in following Christ that I find the hard ground on which to stand.  I will not always need these things.  I will not always have to believe.  I will not always have to hope.  These are substance for the journey not the substance of the destination.  These are what uphold us when life is hard, harsh, and horrible.  It is in faith that I find the will to keep moving.  It is in hope that I find the will to see the horizon and move toward it.

I would rather have hope and faith and be thought a fool than live a life without it.  The darkness was so much darker before I had faith.  It is in faith and hope that I find life.  If that is foolish then let it be so. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment