07 April 2017

I’d Rather be a Fool ~ The No Win Scenario

Greetings Dear Reader,

“I don’t believe in the no win scenario.”   This line, uttered by Captain Kirk in Star Trek II is one that I echo almost daily.  In fact, most of my efforts have traversed from wanting to win, always, to wanting to create win-win whenever possible.

We too often think of the Father and a jealous judge.  We forget that the greatest commandment is love.  We forget that the Lord is unwilling for anyone to perish.  We forget that Jesus promised to draw all men unto himself.  We do not put this into the equation.

When Jesus said that he would “draw all” to himself he literally was saying that he would “invite, pull, and draw everyone individually and collectively to his side”.   The Lord is unwilling that any should perish.  Should the God of the Universe not get his will? 

I realize that to some of you I am sounding a bit heretical.  I am actually just looking for the win-win.  We take so many things that Jesus said literally but not the ones that we use to condemn and control.  Why is this statement not the answer?  I do not believe in the no win scenario when it comes to God. 

It is in this that I may be the most foolish.  Instead of judging the Father as unjust or cruel I see him as the ultimate finder of ways.  He found a way to redeem us.  He found a way to love us even when we hate him.  The entire process has been to make things good again.  I would rather be a fool than think he cannot eventually find a way for everyone. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment