17 June 2017

Answer the Pepperoni ~ Infinite Diversity

Greetings Dear Reader,

When I think of music there are artists that come to mind immediately.  Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull), Dan Fogelberg, and Michael Card, each discovered in a different decade are three of my very favorite.  They are artists from three very different genera but all three produced or produce very excellent music.

IDIC - Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
There is no genera of music that I dislike completely.  Some have very limited appeal and others may only have only or two songs that touch my mind or heart.  I do not even embrace bands for the sake of the band.  Every song I like stands on its own.  There are some compilations that that I cherish as well.  The songs I choose serve my needs of the moment.   “Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes, peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close.”  

I want to see the diversity in people the way I see the diversity in music.  The Creator of made us each Mira, wonderfully different.   There is no life that does not matter.  There is no human that does not possess something that the universe needs.  I do not have to like every song.  I do not have to like every person.  I do have to love every person. 

Every life is just as precious as mine.  The differences we scorn should be instead understood and dealt with in love.  I was privileged yesterday to have breakfast with my dear friend Jeff.   We were discussing the political vitriol in the world.  Even though we differ on some areas of politics and theology we agree that nothing that is not built on love is something we support.

I can celebrate infinite diversity in others if I proceed from the foundational commands to love the Father and love all humans.  Since Jesus made it clear that everything else is built on that I really have no excuse to accept all differences unless they violate one of those requirements.  That filter is all I need. 

Magic Every Moment – Dan Fogelberg

I awoke this morning to a shattering sound
And I went downstairs and found these shards of glass strewn all around
There upon the floor I found this poor broken dove
And it made me realize how very fragile is this life that we so love

I came back up to bed and I held you so tight
And I prayed up to the Father, oh I prayed with all my might
That He'd always keep you with me, that He'd always keep you safe
And when I went downstairs I found that dove had somehow up and flown away

There's a magic every moment
There's a miracles each day
There's a magic every moment
Oh won't you let the music play
Oh won't you let the music play

On a high and windy island I was gazing out to sea
When a long forgotten feeling came and took control of me
It was then the clouds burst open and the sun came pouring through
When it hit those dancing waters in an instant all eternity I knew

There's so much we take for granted--there's so much we never say
We get caught up in the motion of just a living day to day
We are fettered to the future, we are prisoners of the past
And we never seem to notice 'til our lives have finally
Slipped right through our grasp

There's a magic every moment
There's a miracles each day
There's a magic every moment
Oh won't you let the music play
Oh won't you let the music play

You can see forever in a single drop of dew
You can see that same forever if you look down deep inside of you
There's a spark of the creator in every living thing
He respects me when I work but He so loves me when I sing

There's a magic every moment
There's a miracles each day
There's a magic every moment
Oh won't you let the music play
Oh won't you let the music play

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment