15 June 2017

Answer the Pepperoni ~ A Pause to Respond

Greetings Dear Reader,

It was kind of you Carrie to respond with such open admission.   I want to take a moment to “answer the pepperoni” on your behalf.  I have been privileged to befriend people with anxiety of various levels during my life.  It is difficult to truly understand what these friends go through to function.

I do not, however, have to understand to be understanding.  It costs nothing to be patient and kind when someone struggles with choices or even being with people.  It takes nothing to be understanding and learn what a person needs to cope with an anxious situation.

I wonder why we do not see that this too is a part of the uniqueness of humans.  I would have it that no one felt fear in any situation.  Further I would that all humans were free from anything that hinders their joy in life.  Since that is not yet the case with us, I would that we learn that we learn that we can cast out fear in others.

Love crushes fear.  Taking the time to show love and patience with those who fight anxiety can create safe spaces for them to deal with it.  They may never permanently win the fight.  Then again, I have not overcome all my challenges either.

When we face that the anxiety in others is an opportunity for us to be loving and kind we gain great ground.  I must be good and kind to anyone who fights this fight.  I must be vigilant in learning what helps them fight and win.   Thank you Dear Reader Carrie for the gentle reminder.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment: