16 June 2017

Answer the Pepperoni ~ Predisposed

Greetings Dear Reader,

My children will tell you that I like my routines and rituals.  I like to get up at the same time every day.  I don’t like naps.  Sleep and I are enemies.  I like rest but not sleep. 

I have a morning coffee routine.  I have pattern for getting dressed and arriving home from work.  I partly do this so that I do not forget things.  I partly do it because I just like patterns.  I am predisposed to them and cannot remember a time when I was not.

We are all predisposed to certain things.  We like what we like.  We are prone to embrace the familiar.  We develop habits that suit our tastes and preferences.  It makes it more difficult to embrace change, new things, and the differences in others. 

It is our love or comfort with the familiar that makes accepting the differences in others difficult.  I am trying to be someone who is predisposed to our differences.  I said to my friend Abby just yesterday that I want to always be looking for the unique beauty in others.  I want to find that bit that makes them unique in all the universe. 

I craft this into my annual birthday greetings that I offer to friends on social media.  It is easy to say “happy birthday”.  Every year I try to create something that celebrates the individual.  I see every life as a unique creation of the Father. 

If we become predisposed to the unique beauty in every human it becomes easier to love and accept everyone.  I will not accept every behavior, choice, or belief.  I will love and accept the person because the Father put them here.  He does everything for a purpose. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment