11 June 2017

Contracts with God ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We bargain all the time.  We make agreements and either keep them or we do not.  We use phrases like “I should not have promised that” to excuse our failure to follow through on our word. 

When God makes a promise we can count on it.  We are supposed to be able to count on each other as well.  There is a thing that happens when we do what is right no matter how we feel.  I know people who have promised their lives to God for his service and have walked away from him.  

He does not react like we do.  He is not speedy in his response.  He is patient with us.  He still makes it clear that when we make a promise to him it is foolish not to keep it.  Hidden in this commitment to the Father is an opportunity.

When we contract to follow Christ there is an opportunity to have all other things fall into that one commitment.  It is like this:
  • I put my life in the hands of the Father by following his Son
  • He then allows everything else that passes into my life to exist
  • I can count on his promise that no matter what it is he has a plan for me


 I close Dear Reader with this.  When I find it painful or hard to keep my commitments or others do not keep theirs I have a final contract with the Father to sustain me.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11

Promises Made – Dan Fogelberg

Promises made, Promises broken
Measures of our demise
Secrets of souls that, rarely get spoken
Pleasure's a thin disguise.

Dozens of ways, Dozens of reasons
Shielding our hearts from pain
Riddles of romance that distance may yet explain.

Certain of nothing, so fearful of love
Nobody seems to show you enough
Over and over the scenes are replayed
And once again those promises made.

Feeling forsaken, broken in two
How did this ever happen to you?
Taken for granted, bruised, and betrayed
Lonely survivors; these promises made.

Dozens of ways, Dozens of reasons
Shielding our hearts from pain
Riddles of romance that distance may yet explain.

Certain of nothing, so fearful of love
Nobody seems to show you enough
Over and over the scenes are replayed
And once again those promises made.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment