25 June 2017

Magic Every Moment ~ Biblical Sunshine

Greetings Dear Reader,

The storms continue to run through our unseasonably cool days.  Yesterday my Daughter and I had to drive to a neighboring town just after one of those storms.  As we passed through the rolling hills west of us the rain abated.

As the storm broke up the sun shot down through the clouds.  The rays splayed out across the green fields and stretches of wood igniting patches of it in brilliant light.  It intently reminded me of the pictures from my Grandfather’s family Bible.  The most significant picture was the one after the flood where the ark is on the mountain.

Ever since I can remember I have called this effect “Biblical Sunshine”.   The memory of looking through that old giant Bible on my Grandfather’s coffee table is always a pleasant one.  The event of seeing Biblical Sunshine always triggers it and reminds how much beauty there is in a freshly watered world. 

The magic in those moments comes from deep inside me.  There is a depth to the beauty and love of that beauty that is unique for me.  I shared my thoughts on it with my Daughter as we drove.  We both reveled in the way that the world can be so very lovely in storms and in that which follows the storm. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment