23 June 2017

Magic Every Moment ~ Distant Lightning

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I was departing the Duck Pond after the baseball game last night lightning could be seen off in the distance flashing orange warnings in the clouds.  The storm was not yet close enough to hear thunder.  The smell of rain was already in the air.

I know that thunder and lightning cause fear in some folks.  For me it is a symphony.  When I was young I lived in an old Victorian house where the windows rattled when the thunder rolled.  During summers at the beach I would watch lightning play in the clouds our at sea. 

I have seen lighting play tag with mountains and the thunder that follows echo through valleys.  I have been close enough to a lightning strike for my hair to stand out from the wave of static.  I have seen Saint Elmo’s Fire on a tall ship. 

There is such great wonder in the rush of lighting across the sky.  The energy and release are thrilling to me.  I recognize the danger and that could be part of the excitement for me.   Still I find the storm a beautiful part of creation.

At the center of that joy is the understanding that the power of the storm is nothing compared to the one who forges the lightning bolt.  In the storm I remember to ponder the whom the storm obeys.  I remember to see past the wonder to the Wonder Maker. 

It is in the remembering, amidst the exhilaration that I find the true magic.  The one who wields such great ferocity loves me.  He cares about every hair on my head; even when they are standing out from a nearby lightning strike.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment