20 June 2017

Magic Every Moment ~ A Single Drop of Dew

Greetings Dear Reader,

So many things come to mind when I ponder a dew drop.  Memories of running through dew drenched clover in my bare feet as boy speak to me of summers with my Grandfather.  The time I came upon an orb web covered in morning gems of dew is vivid in my mind. 

Growing up in the south I encountered many dewy mornings.  The vast ocean of humidity would cling to cool surfaces.  Morning sun would dance upon the gems in such beauty that even those torpid days of high summer had moments of beauty and wonder. 

Pondering a drop of dew reminds me of Honeysuckle in the spring.  You could extract a single taste of nectar from the flowers in the morning if done properly.  That I was taught this by the first girl I kissed does not hurt that memory at all.  Thinking of that forty-plus years later is sweet. 

I enjoy the look of morning mist hanging in the air.  I like the way dew beads up on a clean waxed car.  It used to gather on my Grandfather’s close line.  I would shoot at the clothes pins with my BB gun and cause a rainbow spray in the morning sun.

The moments where I notice the dew remind me how alive and beautiful the world can be for me.  I may not see it always.  When I choose to though it reminds me that the world has great wonder when I choose for it to have it.  The handiwork of the Creator is enhanced by the dew.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous22/6/17 03:05

    I love this magic moment section you're doing really just shows God's creation and every moment it's such a beautiful thing to just stop and take a minute thank you for sharing it helps me to stop and take in more moments of God's creation

    ReplyDelete