21 June 2017

Magic Every Moment ~ Sunrise Sunset

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am almost up before the sun.  My Grandfather would say that I “break day with a brick.”   This often affords me the opportunity to see some magnificent sunrises.  My favorite sunrises are at the beach.  I was privileged for some years to live on the Atlantic coast.  I saw a beautiful sunrise every morning and was in the frame of mind to appreciate it.  I also lived on the beach on the gulf for a couple of years and would often savor the light show of the sun sinking into the Gulf.

I was reminded of this on Monday morning when my friend Jessica posted a picture of a brilliant morning sky on the last day of Spring.   It was brilliant and the sunrise of her amazing smile was part of the picture.  Her greetings on mornings when I see her is like a new day.  She gets the idea of magic in the moment and does so much to share it with others.

One of my favorite sunrise memories is with my eldest Son.  We experienced a magnificent pink and orange sunrise when we went out for apple fritters one morning when he was a boy.  The magic of that moment when we both reveled in the artistry of the Creator is a constant reminder of the beauty that can be in a moment if we take the time to see it. 

The first thing created was light.  The first It is in the Light that life is found for me.  It is in embracing the moments of sunrise that we can see the opportunity of a new day.  We can be better today than yesterday.  We can be new and renewed.  Let there be light and the things that bend and shape it to catch our attention.  

Dawn Spawn
By Aramis Thorn
January 1, 1995

Salmon dawn swims against the darkness,
Spawning another day.
Yet it is we who face the peril of fighting the flow,
Ours is the call to return
to that place,
to that time,
to our birth.
It is our internal call to move upstream,
to climb the falls,
to defy the very nature of things,
to prevent the death of day.
So that when today’s fight against the ever-encroaching darkness is done,
We have given birth to more light, more love, more life.
So that that day will come when day will never need spawning again.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Any moments in my life always magically!

    regards.
    Richard Daris
    http://go.nasa.gov/2sjnKGa

    ReplyDelete