05 June 2017

Penny and Pound ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I have never been one who likes Kool-aide.  When it comes to politics, social issues, and faith I become more and more someone who cares more for thinking thing through than following along.

No one, including you and I Dear Reader is right about everything.  My pursuit must be for truth with humility.  I must listen with compassion to what others think.  I must filter every position through the requirements of my faith to love and compassion.  I must seek righteousness and holiness with every step.

When any side demands that we accept everything in order to “belong” I must question the validity of the motives.  You do not have to believe everything I do for me to love and accept you.  I am all in on wanting everyone to have love and value.  I desire for every human to have the chance to live a rich and meaningful life. 

I cannot accept that all beliefs or positions are acceptable.  I do not, however, hate anyone just because I disagree.   I am not allowed to accept everything. I am not allowed to hate anyone.  These can live in harmony.  It is my obligation to be in for a penny and a pound on my love for Jesus and following him.  I am also required to be all in on my love for every human. 

It may be the one place where I insist that we should all be all in.  If everything we did was out of love for each other the world would be a much better place.   It is in this truth that we could all agree even if it is just a philosophical starting place.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment