04 June 2017

Penny and Pound ~ Logical Conclusions

Greetings Dear Reader,

We take positions on issues and ideals.  We decide what we believe and what we think others should believe.  Adopting values that coincide with our beliefs becomes who we are.  Very seldom do we have the courage to take our belief systems to their logical conclusions.

I am not going to dive into this too deeply.  Remember Dear Reader that I am processing this for my own benefit.  I am trying to sort out the reasons why I am all in relative to my faith and following.

Do we really follow our beliefs to their logical conclusions?  My faith tells me that the entire effort is to get things back to good.  It requires me to love unconditionally.  It requires me to care for the needs of others.  It is vital that I not dismiss anyone based on his or her beliefs. 

I ponder if others follow their beliefs to their logical conclusion.  If, for example, there is only the natural world and this is all a huge accident there is no logical reason for me to care for anyone’s needs/wants but my own.  We can postulate all we want that about common good and making the world a better place.  If this is all there is then it does not matter. 

I must follow my faith to its logical conclusions and live them.  I must be all in for this or abandon it.  Since I believe it the latter is not an option.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/6/17 03:12

    Aramis, it is good to ponder this, yet it is hard To follow our own beliefs the right conclusion it takes so much faith. And to not be swayed by others on beliefs. Take care of your faith. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete