09 June 2017

Second Thoughts – Nine Inning Friendships

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

It was joyful to spend the evening at a baseball game with my eldest Son and his Sons tonight.  We had brats and burgers.  The boys played on the bouncy castle.  Then we stood for the National Anthem and the game began. 

The game was awesome.  Our team won 11 to 3.  The most beautiful thing about the game was watching my five-year-old Grandson befriend the three-year-old boy sitting in front of us.  They talked and played throughout the game.  My Son and I chatted with his parents. 

It occurred to me just how pure my Grandson’s welcoming spirit is.  He welcomes everyone.  He is generous and kind to strangers.  I see in him what I want to be with everyone.  I see in him a love for others that I want to develop. 

Children are taught all the hatred they learn.  I see a purity in the nine-inning friendship these two boys formed that I want to emulate.  It would make me a better man and better Christ follower. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/6/17 04:54

    This sounds so beautiful. We need to teach children love not hate. God does show us his purity in children, if only we could mimic their innocence, love and curiosity in all Gods creation.

    ReplyDelete