27 June 2017

The War of Indifference ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have fought so many things that keep me from following Christ as closely as I desire.  In the ebb and flow of temptation and determination I can often but not always choose to do right.  The hardest battle I fight is that of indifference.

It seems to me that this may be the most common struggle for me is indifference.  When the pain mounts to high or the struggle is too difficult I have an indifference switch that wants to flip as a means of “preservation”.  I make my very worst choices when I choose to flip that switch.

It seems that indifference becomes armor for some.  If one acts as if they do not care then less can hurt; less can reach the damaged places.  Humans are meant to be loving kind beings.  They are designed to treat each other with compassion.

When the world becomes too difficult to endure we need somewhere to turn.  When we do not have a place of solace we can use indifference as a shield.  It becomes a carapace if we do it too often.  We become less human to protect ourselves from the pain.  We become indifferent to the needs of others as a side effect.

I need to bolster my defense against indifference.  I need to assure that I have put a safeguard over the switch.  I must put my faith into the forefront.  I must develop a carapace against indifference.  I could use your company on the walk Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment