29 June 2017

The War of Indifference ~ Pain Part 1

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have lived with pain in my right shoulder since March of 1978.  It subsided for the first time last year when I injured my left shoulder.  Please do not hear this as a complaint. It is information that is foundational to this discussion.

This is short and simple.  If I am to remain compassionate about the physical pain of others I must fight indifference.  When my heart is in the right place the discomfort or pain of others always impacts me.  I remember to use my discomfort as a reminder to be compassionate. 

When my heart is centered on my own woes I forget to be compassionate and am indifferent to others.  I have trained my mind to think of others when my own pain rises.  I have trained it to consider their pain in the midst of my own.

The lesson I need to remember is that if I do not plan to fight indifference then my pain will cause me to be indifferent to the pain of others.  My own anything must not keep me from seeing and caring about the needs of others.  It is a constant war that requires constant indifference.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment