16 July 2017

Project Life Cycle ~ Customers

Greetings Dear Reader,

We have all heard the axiom, “the customer is always right.”  We also know this is an attitude and not the truth.  There is a similar attitude in project management.  During the project the customer will often ask a “can we” question. 

The “can we” question is usually a new idea about functionality or content.  If the thing is possible that does not mean that we say yes.  In truth, we can do almost anything that can be done but we always have to consider the impact to the overall project.  In the moment we never say yes or no because we do not want to commit to an unknown or to offer what we cannot deliver. 

We must consider the cost of everything.  I must always do the same.  I must not commit to things I cannot do and I must not fail to do that to which I have committed.  I must consider the cost of things before I say yes or no. I must measure the request against what my purpose is.

It is in following Christ’s example that I find the filter through which I must measure my yes or no.  It is in that there is truth and understanding.  Then there is the question of who is my customer when it comes to following Christ.  That will have to wait for tomorrow.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment