13 July 2017

Project Life Cycle ~ Harmonization of Effort

Greetings Dear Reader,

It amazes me when working on a project that there will be persons who actively work to hinder a project by demanding specific things that hazard the overall project.  I sat in a meeting once where an individual insisted on changes that were not critical to success but would hinder the project for all the other participants.

When I consider project management I consider what feeds the critical path.  I consider how everything suggested speaks to the requirements, the time line, and the resources.  What makes a project run smoothly is harmonization of effort.  When all the people involved focus on the needs of the project and the most effective way to accomplish those things the resulting harmonization can be amazing.

When I look at those who wish to follow Christ I do not see this.  I see tower building, self-gratification, and wasted resources.  Organizations avoid the critical path to build up a position or standard.  They waste resources on activities instead of the work of the Gospel.  The infighting in the church wastes resources that could be used to care for a hurting world. 

I must be sure that I do all that I can to promote harmonization of effort.  I do not have to agree with the choices or lifestyle of someone to help care for him or her in need.  I do not have to agree with everything about an organization in order to help its efforts in caring for the poor. 

I must assure that if it is true and good that I support it.  If it aides the Gospel I do not care about much else.  If I am to follow Christ then I must live peaceably with all men.  I must follow the critical path no matter what the agenda.  I must work toward and encourage others to seek harmonization of effort.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment