14 July 2017

Project Life Cycle ~ Stories

Greetings Dear Reader,

In the Agile method of project management user stores define what is desired from the perspective of the customer.  It focuses attention on the desired outcome over writing requirements.   It is conversations held to understand before one tries to build.

As a storyteller I value this highly.  It puts listening and understanding over creating rules for work.  It puts people ahead of the process.  It requires people to get to know each other before they try to work together.

I feel that Christ followers fail so often to hear the story of those who do not believe.  We do not get to know people before we try to change their lives.  We do not seek first to understand before we ask to be understood.  We do not hear their stories before trying to share ours.

My story, when honestly told, is a sad one most of the time.  There is always sadness lurking around my heart because of loss and pain from years past.  That, however, is not the key to my story.  The light in the fog is that there is a way out.  The pain and loss are not the life.  They are things that lead me to the life.

We must realize that the tragedy in our stories can help us hear the tragedy in others’ lives if we will set our stories aside long enough to listen.  I must listen first.  I must use two ears and one mouth.  I must listen with my heart and love the storyteller no matter what his or her story is.  Perhaps if I listen and love and linger I will get a chance to share my story.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment