06 July 2017

Second Thoughts – OM: Meditations on Naan

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

"You OM away from home"
My Daughter Christmas and I made a Naan scheduled stop for a lunch buffet at an excellent Indian Fusion Restaurant.  The establishment, on Madison’s east side is called OM (pronounced like the OM in home {this matters}.  When I first heard about it a year ago I was Naan-plused.  I like Indian food but am also very picky about what I enjoy.

I chose to go the first time with my Son, Maxim.  He seemed to like it and I take a Naan-chalant approach to trying new eating establishments.  The interior is simple and Naan-descript in a pleasing way.  One can tell from entering that the focus is on the food and not Naan-essentials. 

The owners Nancy and Sumanth Viswanathan are friendly and welcoming.  They make the time even when the venue is very busy to personally greet each diner and follow up during the meal.  I have eaten in many places with good food where the proprietors were Naan-committal in their approach to knowing the customer.   Nancy and Sumanth not only remembered me but asked where my Son was the second time I visited. 

Their Naan-wasteful approach is evidenced in the use of unbreakable stainless-steel dinner ware.  The shiny plates instantly reflect a green approach to thriftiness and cleanliness that is Naan-eclipsed.  One cannot fake a clean stainless-steel plate or cup.

This is a Naan-paid effort to inform others of an excellent eatery where the food is amazing and the owners are even better.  Whether you enjoy the buffet or order from the extensive menu you will be Naan-disappointed.  OM also offers delivery.  Whatever you try, be sure to get extra servings of their Naan.  It is the best I have ever had.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment