01 July 2017

The War of Indifference ~ Unfortunate Events

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things that pushes me to be indifferent is when things go wrong.  I have seen so many things for which I gave my heart shatter that I feel a strong response toward indifference.  I realize it is a wrong attempt at self-preservation.

When these events occur l feel the losses and failures from the past reasserting their opinion that I am a fool.  I hear Avalon telling me that I am “not a good deal on paper,” as a reason for leaving me.  My fallen nature calls for me to sink into a hole of despair.

Then there is memory, wisdom, and faith.  I remember that I have survived every other unfortunate event I have encountered.  Some of them should have taken my life.  I have scars and those unpleasant memories but I also have the good things that have come after the pain.

Wisdom shows me that indifference never works out.  I am a caring soul.  I am designed to love others.  I am never the only one impacted by unfortunate events.  I am promised by the Father that I will not be given more than I can endure.  If I give in to indifference I am ignoring wisdom and failing to follow the Son.

I must recall that my faith is just for times like this.  My faith has seen me through turbulent, painful, and dangerous times.  It is a shield against the aforementioned attacks both current and remembered. Faith is to be my strong companion in all things.  It is useless if it does not work now.

Faith is the substance of things that we hope for.  It is the evidence of that which is unseen.  Without it I cannot please the Father.  In any series of unfortunate events it faith that will carry me through.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment