01 August 2017

Eight Ball Answers ~ Don’t Count on It

Greetings Dear Reader,

This specific answer from the Magic 8-Ball® is negative but also neutral.  It is listed as one of the “no” answers.  It also subject to one’s own disposition.

It is much more important that I focus on that in which I put my dependence.  We count on answers, information, and understanding.  We put our security in money, jobs, and relationships.  We count on status, popularity, and position for our relevance. 

When we define our lives by the anything that is temporal we assure that we will face disappointment.  We provide the sand on which our hopes will crumble.  We set ourselves up for disappointment.  We create a situation where we will lose that on which we depend.

Living in a world where humans depend on each other requires that we count on things that are uncertain.  We put many things in place to assure that others can be counted upon to do what they should do.  None of those things can control the human will.  People will do many things, even heinous ones to avoid keeping commitments that have become contrary to what is willed.

People will lie, steal, even kill to keep that which they count on for their security.  Perhaps the Magic 8-Ball can remind me here that I should not count on anything temporal for my peace of mind.  My choices, decisions, and security must be because I count on Christ and his unfolding of the universe. 

When I get this answer I must turn my attention to faith and following.  I must not count on even having the answers to feel secure.  I must ask the questions and keep following Christ knowing that, as my Grandfather use say, “What is to be will be even if it don’t happen.”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment