16 August 2017

Eight Ball Answers ~ It Is Certain

Greetings Dear Reader,

What do we mean when we say something is a certainty?  We assure people that we will do something or be somewhere.  We commit to an event, a time, or a place.  We commit to relationships or participation.

Then we back out.  We modify our minds.  Things change.  We decide that we want something different than that to which we have pledged a certainty.  That event, time, relationship becomes something to which we will not hold our certainty.

This is not how the Father deals with us.  If he says it is certain then it is certain.  There is not even a shadow of uncertainty.  We ascribe uncertainty to the Father because we are uncertain.  When we do not have all the answers we allow our uncertainty to be projected on others.

I cannot fault others when they are uncertain due to my failures in the past.  I must not, however, doubt the one I follow.  He has said it is certain that all things are under his care.  He has assured me that his promises to me will never fail. 

If I doubt it must be my uncertainty and not a false accusation that I cannot be certain about Christ and following him.  Doubt is not wrong.  Failure to distinguish between my uncertainty and the assurances of God is dangerous.  If I do not assure that my questions are founded on what is certain then I cannot use my faith whilst I sort out the rest.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment