02 August 2017

Eight Ball Answers ~ Outlook Not So Good

Greetings Dear Reader,

In a world where we are supposed to live in the moment whilst considering the past and the future we instead spend too much time in the past and future.  We look to the future more often than we live in the moment.  We even use Outlook® to manage much of our working and some of our personal lives. 

It is good to have plans and planning tools.  It is wise to prioritize events and opportunities.  The difficulty is that we get more invested in how we think things will unfold than we do in how we are supposed to be in the unfolding.

There are times when the outlook is not so good.  It may be work, a medical diagnosis, a spouse who wants out of the marriage.  There are times when the situation is grim.  Sometimes hope seems fleeting. 

I am not intended to live my life based on my outlook.  I am meant to live my life following Christ no matter how grim the situation seems.  When the outlook is bleak it is time to harness my faith not my limited view of the world.  When the outlook is bright I should enjoy it but not put my confidence in anything but Christ.

The outlook may not be good but God is good all the time.  He knows what he is doing even when I do not see the possibilities.  That needs to be enough for me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment