03 September 2017

Captains Courageous - Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. It's five year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before." – James T. Kirk – TOS: The Corbomite Maneuver (First use of this)

To deny the impact of Star Trek in all its iterations on my life would be a great lie.  Further it would be wrong to think that I agree with all that the several series put forth as axiom and principle.  Still on the whole the philosophical approach is that we boldly take on the great adventure.

I have always felt that the life of being on a starship would suit me.  I am a vagabond at heart.  I love the idea of seeing all that is out there up close.  I love the idea that we can find what is there and learn from it.  I long to see all of creation and worship the creator.  I realize that some of you think all of this is a series of cosmic coincidences.  I will not argue about that.  I will respect your right to see things as you will.

What I do see in the things we have discovered is wonder and beauty.  I see the need to find a way to be good enough to each other that we can put the resources into getting out there.  We cannot cure all the ills of the world.  We can treat each other with love and kindness. 

I do not think we can create a utopia.  I do think we can do much better than we are.  If I hope speak of Christ and be heard then I must put helping others first.  I must put the needs of others ahead of my wants and wishes.  I must insist that our energies be put toward the greater good.  We must be more civilized if we are to seek out new civilization.

“’Let me help.’ A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." – James T. Kirk – TOS: City on the Edge of Forever

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment