11 September 2017

It Was an Accident ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am not a scientist.  I try to understand as much science as I can and I am thankful for the minds who create so much that makes our lives better.  The church has not always given the scientific community all the respect it deserves.

Still, I cannot believe, and it takes belief, that all of the cosmos is a series of happy accidents.  I am not saying that all of the discoveries and the science are wrong.  They just have not answered enough of my questions. 

For me also there is the logic of it all.  It is not logical that the universe has no designer.  It is not logical that there is no purpose.  I find in the vast path from the beginning to now too many assumptions for the absence of a Designer to require anything but faith.  If I have to have faith for one or the other I will choose that there is a Designer.

I will also continue to call for honesty on both sides.  Until we really speak without posturing and insults we cannot find truth.  Until we embrace humility in admitting that there are so many things we still do not know we cannot be honest about our conclusions and the faith required to hold them.   The difference for me is that an accidental universe requires nothing of us and my Designer requires that I have faith.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/9/17 16:27

    All belief requires faith. Even if you... BELIEVE in the science of it all it is just that... a belief. We all have our own faith. Weather you believe or not it is ingrained in is from our creation. "I have faith tomorrow will be a good day" just as simple as that is faith. However as i follow my creator I have faith in Him and all good things. GOD KNOWS ... I just have to follow.

    ReplyDelete