16 September 2017

Minced Words ~ Perception Becomes Reality

Greetings Dear Reader,

I often ponder what the world would look like if we saw things as they are unfiltered by our own perceptions.  I try to do this.  The problem is that we create so many filters that they blend and become almost fused with reality.  Whether due to political correctness, religious rhetoric, or social tirades we rarely get unfiltered information.  Even I struggle with assuring that I do not impose my filters on others.

Not all filters are bad but we must honestly and often weigh our preconceptions and perceptions to assure that we are filtering for purity and not policy or politics.  The truth is the truth.  It is absolute and irrefutable.  The difficulty is that we are in a constant smoke screen of opinions, slogans, and positions that ignore the truth or worse try to hide it.

The perception that a thing is true that is not gets promoted through the shouted opinion of the masses.  A misdirection gets reported in the news cycle with all of the readers using the same terms.  A false perception becomes the group think.  The lie becomes the truth. 

We mince the words until we have successfully created a word cloud that hides reality but pleases the will of the throng.  I know that the truth is there.  I know that I must seek it with all my heart.  The perceptions out there that seem to be reality mollify or outrage us to distraction.

Freedom is only found in real truth.  I have an agreement with my grandsons.  I will never tell them what to believe.  I will, if asked, tell them what I believe.  I know what I believe Dear Reader.  I also know about the things of which I am unsure.  It is in being honest about the latter that we can clear some of the smoke.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


No comments:

Post a Comment