11 October 2017

42~Truths ~ The Weather

Greetings Dear Reader,

I often ponder how often people complain about the weather.  Today it is chilled and raining.  The dark will last longer because of the clouds.  The light is growing shorter anyway.

As I go through the day I so often here people complain about the weather unless it is one of those 72-degree days with little clouds, a light breeze, and ample sunshine.  Then they complain about having to be indoors. I guess the point is that no matter the weather there will be people who are dissatisfied with it.

The 42~Truth here is that we complain about something over which we have no control or influence.  We spend our time worried about the amount of rain or our plans instead of seeing the beauty in the weather of the moment.  We can choose to understand that someone out there loves the rain, the snow, and even the clouds.  It is yet another way to embrace the beautiful diversity in the world.

I try to live the attitude that God never gets the weather wrong.  I realize that this does not work for those of you who do not believe in God.  I understand that one may have to choose instead to adopt the wisdom of “accepting the things we cannot change.” 

In any case unless the weather truly harms us complaining about it is a lost opportunity.  I must see to it that I allow the Father to have his way with the weather and that I look for the beauty in what he creates.  The truth is that I cannot do anything about the weather.  Is there in this truth no beauty Dear Reader?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment