30 October 2017

The Stigma of Strangers ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We are all strangers at times.  It may be for a day or for years.  It may be our own choosing or visited upon us by others.  People at times choose to remain strangers living in the same house.  Some become fast friends in the moment of meeting. 

We are designed to need each other.  Our makeup is that we start out dependent upon each other and grasp at independence in healthy and unhealthy ways.  We must be whole and independent persons but we must not try to be islands unto ourselves.  We must not treat others as outcasts.  We must see our interdependence as a necessary aspect of life and survival.  It is vital to destroying the stigma

I must never mistreat or allow the mistreatment of strangers.  I will be a stranger and will be treated well or ill depending upon the choices of others.  I cannot control this.  I can, however, treat every stranger with love and respect.  I must realize that the stigma of strangers only exists if I allow it. 

It is my obligation to be kind to strangers.  I must meet their needs where and when I can.  Even if I have nothing to give I can give my love and respect.  The journey is too long to carry the lonely burden of not knowing those with whom I travel. 


The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows where
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there

For I know
He would not encumber me
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share

And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy he's my brother

He's my brother
He ain't heavy, he's my brother, he ain't heavy

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment