16 November 2017

Choosing What to Give ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I need to turn my thoughts toward the gratitude aspect of the season.  Frist, I would like to wrap up my thoughts on the gifts to choose.  It seems that after some deep self-examination I have a good attitude about this.  This means I need to find new ways to live this out since some of my common customs are not available to me this year.

In choosing what to give others it is vital that I consider what will endure.  I have more time so I can be more available.  I can give more time to the charities I support.  I can help with the odd schedules of the season with my Grandsons.  I will have to make an effort to be out and about more.

The primary need is to choose to give love and hope to others.  If I am to truly celebrate the love and gift that is Christ I must give him in every moment.  This is done through love, patience, selflessness, kindness, and compassion.  It is accomplished through seeing the needs of others.  It is fulfilled in having a spirit of gratitude for what I already have and avoiding the “I want more” culture of the world.

The entire material world is going to beg me to buy and get and want.   I will buy good spirits by sending out my spirit to everyone with good thoughts and kind words.  I will get new opportunities to show love and kindness to others.  I will hone my want to see all humans filled with the true spirit of the season and increase my attempts to be a constant source of it for others.  In this will I consider every moment the good things I can give.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment