13 November 2017

Choosing What to Give ~ Focus

Greetings Dear Reader,

Over the weekend I was privileged to spend some long good time with my Grandsons.  I had a sales catalog from one of the chain stores that is dedicated wholly to toys.  In the wee hours of the morning they sat on either side of me as I paged through the offerings.

Their response took me back to the arrival of the Sears Wish Book.  They pointed out what they liked.  They talked about how they would play together with the toys they wanted.  One could imagine that they already possessed them. 

I recall as lad getting the Wish Book.  Our postman gave me my own when he delivered the one for the family.  I would sequester it and myself in my room.  Turning to the toy section I would flip hastily past the little kid toys.  I would circle in pen the items I wanted the fold the page over at the corner. 

The focus of children is what they want.  It is their nature.  We must teach them to be giving and to focus on others.  What I felt watching my Grandsons live out the Christmas wish moments of every child was the desire to give them everything.  It flowed from me like a might river delight them as my Grandfather delighted me as a boy.

When thinking what to give it is the focus that matters.  It is learning to focus on giving from the heart to others.  It is giving out of love and care not duty.   It is creating a space where others can freely express the heart’s desire and know that if you have the power you will grant it.  It is allowing them to focus on that for which they hope.

My focus must be on the gifts I can give to others whether they be material, social, or spiritual.  I wish every gift, no matter which form it takes to be wrapped identically in love and sharply focused on Christ.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment