30 November 2017

Thanksgiving Leftovers ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

So, November closes and the last of the pie and cranberry will be part of my luncheon.  First of course will be a turkey sandwich.  There is still almost a gallon of turkey soup frozen in quarts for winter remembrance.  Before I turn my full attention Advent and the closing of the year I will consider further gratitude.

The other aspect of this is the realization that no human is a leftover.  Rather each is a new creation, fresh and alive with potential.  I am just learning to tap into some of mine thanks to the good counsel of some dear friends. 

Those things that remain when something has past can be viewed as rubbish or leftovers.  My lunch today will furnish a final repast from the food I prepared for Thanksgiving.  All the large pots are put away.  The roasting pan is clean.  That which remains will still sustain me and give me joy.

As long as I am viable I have the opportunity to do this for others.  No matter my circumstance I can do some good.  Yesterday I made a toddler smile and helped a dear friend.  The remains of every year provide a time to seek the good we can give and accomplish.  I will continue to give thanks and search for the opportunity to do right by others. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment