27 November 2017

Thanksgiving Leftovers ~ Turkey Sandwiches

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving leftovers are turkey sandwiches.  It is simple enough.   Cold turkey, Sunbeam Bread, and Miracle Whip combine to give a perky lunch or diner that I look forward to every year.  It must be these things or it is not right. You do not have to agree with me but this is my truth.

For some years I could not get Sunbeam Bread and it was just not the same.  I have tried other salad dressings and even mayonnaise.  It is very disappointing.  The combination of these three ingredients tastes like pleasant memories of Thanksgiving long gone by.  

There is also the idea of the limited window of opportunity.   One can only keep the Thanksgiving leftover turkey for so long.  I have tried freezing it properly but the enjoyment is not the same.  There is something in us that relishes in things that are fleeting.  We must enjoy them in the moment.  We must grasp an opportunity and find the joy in it.

This is such a great way to extend our gratitude.  We get moments in which we can grasp the joy that is there to be had.  We get the opportunity to enjoy things.  We must do so when it is there.  We must be grateful for the chance and the moment.  We must take it all in and invest ourselves in it.

The moments of time that flee from me can be used or neglected.  Seeing all of life in a leftover turkey sandwich helps me remain in a spirit of gratitude for that which remains.  It helps me be thankful for what is to come.  If I can focus on that I will do much better at being good to others.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment