26 December 2017

Boxing Day 2017

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday was lovely.  I was the first one awake on Christmas morning.  If this surprises anyone you do not know me well.  My eldest Grandson followed at 4:30 AM.  He and I had a beautiful Christmas morning palaver that ranged from the Christmas story to his saying he would rather sit with me than look at all the presents.

His brother awakened at 6:00 and the boys then roused my Son and my Daughter, Christmas.  Stockings, gifts, and a lazy day ensued.  My Son prepared a lovely duck and trimmings for dinner.  I wandered home in the early evening and slept through a perfect Christmas dream.

Today I awaken grateful and blessed.   For many it is a return to work.  For some of those is will be dealing with unhappy people returning gifts of the wrong size, colour, or kind.  On a day that is supposed to be set aside for those who serve us, those who serve will likely receive surly treatment from exasperated exchangers.

We pack so much baggage into our Christmas packages that we forget that no one intends to get it wrong.  We forget to be thankful that someone thought of us.  We can choose to be even more thankful for those who wait on us to help us satisfy our wants.  Perhaps we can celebrate Boxing Day by being the bright spot in the day of a server or clerk.  They work hard and do not get wealthy serving us.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment