20 December 2017

Second Thoughts ~ Christmas Joys ~ Every Room

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

“Put something Christmassy in every room in the house.”

If you needed further confirmation of my madness, Dear Reader, then here it is.  Not only do I do this but I have a reminder of Christmas in every room all year long.  This is easy in my current hovel but more difficult in my former farm house. 

Still this is one of those things that can bring one joy all year round.  It can be as simple as a small nativity or a Christmas bell left on a shelf.  I have a very small Christmas tree in my bedroom on a shelf (no really it is small, less than four inches tall. I promise.).   In the kitchen is a bubble light night light.   There is a pewter nativity, Salvation Army bell, and Christmas bowl on my desk (OK you may think that a bity much in July but they serve a purpose.).  Oh, I forgot the Santa flask and the Sant face light.  Perhaps this has gotten out of hand.

The point is that even as I ponder all the things that remind me of the celebration of Christ I feel ripples of delight in the pondering.  In those days where winter is deep or summer is hot a moment of thinking about the joy of Christmas can right my mind and heart to the journey and its joys.

Laugh at me if you wish Dear Reader.  If you try this you may instead find that you are laughing with me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment