05 December 2017

Second Thoughts ~ Christmas Joys ~ Mending

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

“Mend a broken relationship with a friend or relative during the holidays.”

There are friends who no longer speak to me.  My failures in the past became too much for them and they chose to end communication with me.  I have tried to reach out to them.  In their minds I must still be unworthy of forgiveness and reconciliation.  This all motivates me.

I use this time to mend and foster my relationships.  I try to reach out to others and assure that I hold no ill will toward anyone.  It is the time when we see the Advent of the realization of forgiveness.  We must do the same for others.  We must be forgiving, gracious, and kind.

This does not mean that we have to put ourselves in danger.  It does not mean that we have to accept toxic or harmful behavior.  We must, however, reach out and try to be reconciled if we see the chance.  We must always be willing to forgive.

In fact, forgiveness may be the best gift we can give ourselves.  Even if I cannot make headway with those who do not value me any longer, I must assure that I hold no ill will to them.  I must forgive their failure to love and forgive.  I must love them with all that I am.  It is what will keep my joy complete.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/12/17 08:32

    I'm glad that you added in the end that we do not need to be around the hurt that has been caused to us to forgive. Forgiveness is the greatest gift God has ever given us, and the best gift we can show others with Christ's love and unto us ourselves to forgive is to love ourself as God loves us. We are worthy of forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete