11 December 2017

Second Thoughts ~ Christmas Joys ~ Minor Differences

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

“Before going to bed every night of the Christmas season, ask yourself, ‘Whose life did I make brighter today?’”

Do we really ponder this?  This is the season when we are supposed to spread joy and cheer.  If it is not something of which we are mindful then we will not do it.  It we fail to focus on being an enrichment to others then we will not be so. 

When the pressures of the season mount and time seems to run through the glass faster we need to have minds and hearts that are focused.  All that negative thoughts need is a toe hold.  They will invade our minds and keep us from seeing the beauty that is possible in the season.

The point is to end the day with the joy of knowing that we have made life a little better for someone.  It is to see that the world a little better each day for having been here.  I must be this.  I can and will be this.  

I will still fail.  I will often be the one in the wrong.  I can still find ways to be the one who is a bright spot in the days of others.  I can still infuse kindness and grace into the lives I encounter.  That is true joy.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment