01 December 2017

Second Thoughts ~ Christmas Joys - Opening

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

The intent here will be to end my day and hopefully yours with something to put a bit of joy into your Christmas season.  The springboard for this will be The Little Book of Christmas Joys by H. Jackson Brown, Rosemary Brown, and Kathy Peel.  If you do not have it; the few dollars are worth it.

I will begin with this simple thought: Be the first to wish everyone you meet a Merry Christmas.  I know that not everyone likes this.  I refuse to be political about this Holy Day.  If you are offended by this only mean to wish you the joys of the most important event in history.  My heart is to include everyone not be exclusive.  If you know me at all you know this is true.

So Dear Reader, I will attempt to have something for you every December evening until Christmas.  I hope it makes the journey lighter for you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/12/17 23:23

    This may seem alittle grough, and i apologise in advance for the laungage in it. But with this post: yes I agree to say merey christmas:
    Here's a comics views on political correctness


    Steve Hughes - Offended the Transcript.

    "Be Offended" - Transcript

    Political correctness is the oppression of our intellectual movement so no one says anything anymore just in case anyone else get’s offended. What happens if you say that and someone gets offended? Well they can be offended, can’t they? What’s wrong with being offended? When did stick and stones may break my bones stop being relevant? Isn’t that what you teach children? He called me an idiot! Don’t worry about it, he’s a dick.

    Now you have adults going “I was offended, I was offended and I have rights!” Well so what, be offended, nothing happened. You’re an adult, grow up, and deal with it. I was offended! Well, I don’t care! Nothing happens when you’re offended. “I went to the comedy show and the comedian said something about the lord, and I was offended, and when I woke up in the morning, I had leprosy."

    Nothing Happens. “I want to live in a democracy but I never want to be offended again.” Well you’re an idiot.

    How do you make a law about offending people? How do you make it an offense to offend people? Being offended is subjective. It has everything to do with you as an individual or a collective, or a group or a society or a community. Your moral conditioning, your religious beliefs. What offends me may not offend you. And you want to make laws about this? I’m offended when I see boy bands for god sake.

    It’s a valid offense, I’m offended. They’re cooperate shills, posing as musicians to further a modeling career and frankly I’m disgusted.

    - Steve Hughes.


    MERRY CHRISTMAS ARAMIS THORN!

    ReplyDelete