19 December 2017

Second Thoughts ~ Christmas Joys ~ Some Assembly Required

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

“Never wait until 1:30 AM Christmas morning to start putting together ‘Some assembly required’ toys.”

My mum and uncle did this.  They spent hours on my seventh Christmas putting together a race track for me.  They followed the directions.  Had everything set just so.  I was thrilled that is was there but the layout did not match the picture on the box.  In less than ten minutes I took it apart and reassembled it to match the box image.  They were quite vexed.

Do the hard gift preparation first.  You will be glad you did.  If it seems too difficult when you buy it get a friend to help with a practice assembly in a secluded location.  Clandestine skullduggery is vital for some gifts.  This too can be fun.

I do not know what became of that racetrack.  I recall that I played with it for hours and hours.  I do wonder if by insisting that it look like the box if I was guilty of “just playing with the box.” 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment