23 December 2017

The Promises of Christmas ~ The Father

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

As a father these last couple of days before Christmas are thrilling for me.  The excitement of the things I have to give my Children and Grandchildren builds in me.  Every gift is chosen out of love for them.  They are boxed and prepared and I anticipate.  Every item is an expression of my delight in who they are.

This is what the Father promises.  He promises that there are good gifts in store for us.  Matthew 7:11 “If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”

One of the great promises of Christmas is that there are good gifts in store.  They will be given freely.  They do not have to earned.  The gift of the Son is the beginning of the great stream of gifts that are our heritage as the Father’s children. 

The purpose of gifts is to show love to my children.  Naughty or nice they are my children and will receive gifts based on my love for them.  They may not always see my purpose or agree with my choice.  We do the same to the Father often. 

The promise of the Father is that he will give us all good gifts.  He will do so according to his love not our merit.  We can ask for anything but he what only give us what he deems good.  He wishes us to ask.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment